J. Luke Dow, Partner
Luke was born in Austin, Texas, and graduated from Anderson High School in 1987. He received a Bachelor’s Degree from Baylor University and then received a law degree from LSU in 1995, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board. In 1995, Luke returned to Austin and has been practicing here ever since.
Since 1995, Luke represents plaintiffs in wrongful death and serious personal injury matters. Luke is also a well-respected Guardian Ad Litem in Travis County.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury
- Trucking / 18-wheeler accidents
- Business Disputes
- Dram Shop Liability
- Guardian Ad Litem
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana; J.D. – 1995
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas; B.A. – 1991
Verdicts and Representative Cases
- Padron et al. vs. The Texas Department of Transportation, Travis County, Texas, November 2018 – $5,232,994.00 jury verdict (No. 1 Government Negligence Verdict in the State of Texas in 2018).
- Anderson v. Secure Comm, 31 S.W.2d 428, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, member, Million Dollar Advocates, Member Texas Board of Legal Specialization, American Board of Trial Advocates, and National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Pro Bono Activities
Lawyer Referral Service, Breakthrough Austin, Board Member, Austin Recovery